Kindergartner's will have an opportunity to explore an invention kit called, a Makey Makey! This device will turn any conductor into a keyboard. Students will be exposed to many unique keyboard design options, like a banana piano!
K-2-ETS1-1. Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
Engineers are curious, they want to know how things work the way they do, so they always start by asking lots of questions! Why does something work the way it does.
Engineering is a process that requires several steps but before anything can be made engineers are asking what is the problem is and how would we like to change it.
1. Students will learn about a new technology
2. Students will have to ask questions, make observations and gather information to determine what works with the Makey Makey.
4. Practicing Patience
-Makey Makey (1 per table)
-Laptop (1 per Makey Makey)
-Dixie cups with water (5)
Must set up the 4 stations :
Go to: The Makey-Makey site to see how to set up the following:
1. Talk about how they are going to play with a new technology called a Makey Makey
2. Break them into 4 groups and have them rotate through the stations, about 10 minutes at each station
1. Talk to the students about what they think of a Makey Makey
Time Estimation:45-60 minutes
Everything in the project went well and the students had a BLAST playing with the different stations
What we would change:
Have at least 1 adult at every station that knows how to run it that is not the lead teacher.